These leaders in our community are dedicating themselves to thoughtfully prepare for the reopening of our schools in Fall 2020 using the following vision -
Throughout the 2020-21 school year, our communities will be healthy and connected, and all students are receiving high-quality, meaningful, and engaging instruction that meets their academic and social-emotional needs. We will be guided by the following core principles:
- Keep students and staff safe and healthy
- Ensure access and equity for all students
- Provide high-quality meaningful and engaging instruction
- Communicate with stakeholders, including faculty and staff, families, and students
- Ensure flexibility to meet the needs and advocate for all students, while being responsible with the student’s allotted learning funds
Healthy and Safe Campuses
WISH is still finalizing specific protocols, but all on-campus activities will be conducted under the following health and safety guidance (contingent upon final direction from the L.A. County Department of Public Health):
- Additional staff will be present upon arrival, dismissal, and throughout outdoor areas to ensure safe entry, exit, and socialization using social distancing measures
- Additional restroom breaks by cohort to ensure safe sanitizing between users
- Staggered start times and assigned entrances to keep students entering in a cohort made up of only their school-specific students and teachers. New drop off and pick up procedures also will keep students and adults from congregating.
- Active and/or passive wellness screening and symptom checking will occur daily for all entering the school. Students and adults with symptoms or fever will not be allowed to enter school.
- No large gatherings or assemblies will be held, with all WCA meetings and other committee efforts held virtually unless campus access is essential
- Minimal use of indoor common space
- Floor markings indicating 6 feet will be utilized at all WISH campuses. The physical distancing of 6 feet or 3 feet with a plexiglass barrier. Desks will be set up to promote distancing.
- Physical barriers will be installed (plastic/plexiglass barriers) to maintain physical distancing in places that are high-frequency areas such as front offices
- Students and staff will be required to wear face coverings while at school
- Increased hand sanitizer stations
- Increased cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting
- Staggered schedules to pick up grab-n-go style meals and go directly outdoors to designated areas with social distancing in place for lunch
- Other health and safety guidelines that may be directed by state and local health officials