The Great Kindness Week Challenge
- The Great Kindness Week Challenge
The Great Kindness Challenge is one week dedicated to creating a culture of kindness and compassion on campuses worldwide. WISH is proudly participating in this proactive and positive kindness initiative during the week of January 27 - 31, 2020. The week has been planned and prepared by WISH administration, school counselor, and the Kindness Club.
The week at elementary school will include:
Monday, 1/27: Receiving Kindness from Others:
Teachers will leave kindness notes on students’ desks, and a “Random Acts of Kindness” challenge checklist will be given to students to use for the week. (Please encourage your child to complete as many acts of kindness as possible.)
Tuesday, 1/28: Kindness Towards your Community:
During lunch, students will be encouraged to use conversation starters that are put on the tables to talk with those near them to get to know them better or make a new friend.
Wednesday, 1/29: Kindness Matters, Positive Message Spirit Day: Students and staff should wear something that spreads a positive message. If students choose not to participate, they should be in dress code. There will also be a Kindness Photobooth with props set up on both play yards during recess.
Thursday, 1/30: Kindness towards others:
Students will write kindness notes to a classmate, family member, and/or WISH staff member.
Friday, 1/31: Kindness towards yourself:
Students will reflect on the week and how they are feeling by answering some guiding questions.
The week at middle school will include:
- Monday, 1/27 - Receiving Kindness from Others: Students will receive their Great Kindness Checklist. Students who complete this checklist throughout the week can turn it into Mr. Drian at the Student Store for one free item.
- Tuesday, 1/28 - Kindness Towards your Community: WEB, Student Leadership, and Environmental Club will be hosting a school-wide campus clean up day during lunch.
- Wednesday, 1/29 - Kindness Matters: Students and staff wear something that spreads a positive message. Students who choose not to participate, wear dress code.
- Thursday, 1/30 - Kindness Towards Yourself and Others: Students will take the pledge with WEB Leaders to be Kind to yourself and others. Students may sign the pledge during nutrition.
- Friday, 1/30 - Kindness Towards Others: Get ready to show Kindness towards others as WEB leaders will be hosting a Mix it Up Day at lunch!