Return To Campus 2021/2022
Our Guiding Principles
As a reminder, all of our efforts are guided by 3 key principles:
-Wearing masks indoors and outdoors
-MERV 13 air filters in central HVAC systems replaced
-Regular hand washing and hand sanitizer are available for all students and staff
-Cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all areas throughout the day according to LACDPH guidelines
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate staff members below.
A help center has been created to ensure you get a timely response to any of your needs. You can fill out a ticket here and can see where your request is on the help center dashboard:
If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime please contact the appropriate WISH staff members:
Office Manager- Sara Sommer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal- Jessica Oney; email@example.com
Office Manager- Kiraleigh Bohannon; firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal- Chelsie Murphy; email@example.com
Office Manager- Tenisha Redway (Alexander); firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal- Kellie Mowll; email@example.com
**Office Managers can help with giving families access to the WISH Wise Weekly, Infinite Campus Student Information Systems, CoVerify Testing, SchoolPass, valet information, afterschool care programs, and any questions about master school schedules.
Central Office Staff:
Attendance, Lunch Program, Infinite Campus, Educational Software program- Kimberlie Traceski; firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology and Chromebooks- Janine Bielski; email@example.com
Lottery, COVID Exposure Management, CoVerify Testing- Jennie Brook; firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director- Shawna Draxton; email@example.com
As part of our “Return to Campus” program, several new initiatives are critical to the success of a safe, simple, and fun learning environment for each of our amazing WISH students. Below are steps each family can take right now to be ready to navigate the unique elements aligned to a safe return to school for all of our scholars.
This one app serves two critical functions for our safe return to campus: an easy-to-use daily “Wellness Check” & coordinating the drop-off and pick-up of our students.
- Wellness Check.
Every student and staff member is required to perform a symptom self-check before coming to campus. To make self-screening as convenient as possible, WISH has partnered with SchoolPass for an easy-to-use screening tool. The app will inform users whether or not they may visit campus. Watch this video to learn more about completing daily wellness checks.
SchoolPass is also providing a safe and simple process for our student drop-off and pick-up. Also, signage and school staff will be on-site for assistance as well.
- Drop Off:
- Before driving to campus, parents complete a SchoolPass wellness check at home. Upon arrival in the valet line, an adult will come to each car, and each parent/guardian will show the completed Green Wellness Pass from the School Pass application, and then your child will exit the vehicle and go through their assigned gate.
- There will be a second adult at the gate to ensure that SchoolPass has cleared them on the application dashboard and ensure we have a negative COVID test on file from the last week.
- Drop Off:
- Pick Up:
- Valet Pick Up: With this system, parents enter the valet line, and an adult will type in your child's name into the application. This will let teachers know when parents or guardians are in the pick-up line and when they arrived. As teachers receive updates, students will make their way to each car in a socially-distanced way (Elementary School Only). Middle and High school parents must follow the traditional valet rules. Students will be released from their classrooms and then they will walk directly to the valet or be released to walk home, take the bus, or meet their parents/caregivers in another location. Please tell your child exactly what they should expect at the end of the day so that know where to find you. If you decide to use the valet you must follow all of the rules- 1. Pull forward as directed, 2. No U-turns, 3. Enter at the valet entrance, do not cut the middle of the line, 4. Students should enter the car quickly and caregivers should pull forward and exit the valet as directed
- Walking Pick Up: If you walk to campus to pick up your child, you will need to stand at the walk-up station, and then the adult input your child's name notifying the teacher that you have arrived. Your child will then be dismissed from class and will walk out to you directly.
- Pick Up:
- Click HERE to view the tutorial on how to Download the School Pass application and sign your child up to participate.
- First-time Login details:
Culver City - 8537 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232 - Mon-Sun 5 am - 9 pm
Highland Park - 6516 N Figueroa St, Suite F, Los Angeles, 90042 - Mon-Sun 7 am - 3 pm
3. Tests from alternative locations and at-home antigen tests
We would prefer that all members of the community use the COVID PCR testing for CoVerify in-school testing and CoVerify walk-in clinics so that it is easy for our Office Managers to identify who has a negative COVID test on file each week, within our database. If you do get a test from an alternative location please send the results to our office managers and please have your child prepared to share the results of those tests upon entry to ensure quick and easy access to the school setting.
Every week, each faculty, staff, and community member will be required to take a COVID-19 test to participate in on-campus activities and in-person learning until the end of January. Beginning February 1st, only pupils who are not vaccinated will need to get a weekly COVID test. WISH uses CoVerify for all of our COVID testing for faculty, staff, and students. All data is safely stored and secured. WISH staff is provided a list of all pupils who have secured a negative COVID test from the CoVerify database.
- All WISH Families, faculty, and staff members will receive an email from CoVerify to re-register or to register for the first time if you are a new family.
- NEW COVID REGISTRATION LINK- ALL Families Must Complete
- Click HERE for the CoVerify testing instructions.
3) Review & Sign the WISH CompactAs more of our community is together on our WISH campuses, we each have a shared responsibility for our collective health and well-being. These expectations are rooted in safety protocols for students, staff, faculty, and the public with whom we interact. One member of the WISH community's actions can have implications for all members of our community and the community at large. As such, we ask every member of the WISH community to agree to sign the “WISH Compact” - agreeing to adhere and follow all safety protocols, knowing that as we each care for ourselves, we care for each other and our neighbors. Please click here to review the “WISH Compact” as a family and agree to do your part to protect the WISH community's health.
We are very excited to launch the 2021-2022 school year with our new Student Information System (SIS) - Infinite Campus. This system replaces Illuminate Education.
All parents are encouraged to create a personal account using the information below. Portal access will enable parents to review student records and schedules, download state test scores, update emergency contact details, see student grades, and will provide access to the student store to pay for a variety of items including ordering daily school lunches for your children.
We are continuing to update and roll out the various features of Infinite Campus and want to ensure every parent is able to access all of the vital information and supports that this powerful program provides. Please click on the URL below to complete the setup of your personal parent account.
You will receive a personalized email to sign up for your new Infinite Campus account. If you need to be resent the Infinite Campus invitation you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you did not receive the email please submit a ticket through the help center.
Ms. Janine, our technology manager, can support you with your Chromebook, charging device, Chromebook insurance, and technology needs for access to instruction. For pupils on Independent Study, Ms. Janine, can provide some assistance with connectivity to the internet to your child's device and a Chromebook and charger will be provided. She also manages GoGuardian, a system that monitors student internet use, as well as, our schoolwide database for distributing textbooks and other instructional materials that are checked out. Please contact her through the help center to submit a ticket for support with your technology needs that involved hardware.
Ms. Kimberlie, our compliance manager, can support you with software matters. She manages Infinite Campus, gmail, Canvas, Zoom, and a myriad of software accounts that pupils use to access the WISH instructional program. If you need assistance from Ms. Kimberlie please submit a ticket through the help center so your request can be prioritized.
Please visit our technology page for more information.
Per the recent policy passed by LAUSD, the week of 8/9/21, all faculty and staff members working on LAUSD campuses are required to be vaccinated fully against COVID-19 by 10/15/21.
Any adult coming onto campus or attending a WISH on-campus event must be vaccinated for COVID-19. To show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination please show your digital vaccine card using either of these links:
If you are volunteering in a classroom on a regular basis, leading centers, and in close proximity to students for greater than 15 minutes and less than 6 feet you will be asked to also show a negative COVID test each week.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health partnered with Healthvana in December of 2020 to provide digital vaccination records. These are available to residents of LA County (including Pasadena and Long Beach) who have received at least one dose of vaccine (regardless of where they were vaccinated) and anyone who has received at least one dose in LA County (regardless of where they live).
You are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after:
- You got a Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You got a second dose of a Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You finished the series of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization [WHO]
It is helpful for the school to have the most updated records on pupils regarding the COVID-19. Please submit your child's vaccination record for COVID-19 to the office manager for your school, or upload it to your child's profile on Infinite Campus.
Assembly Bill (AB) 104
This new law, which went into effect on July 1, 2021, includes options that include requesting retention for eligible students, as noted below, changing grades to a Pass or No Pass for students enrolled in high school last year, and waiving graduation requirements that exceed the state credit and course minimums for students who were juniors or seniors in the 2020-21 school year. Please review the link below and take the additional next steps if this applies to your family.
WISH Safety Plans
- WISH Community Elementary and Middle Schools Safe Schools Plan
Please click below to download the plan
- WISH Academy Safe Schools Plan
Please click below to download the plan