- WISH is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies,
employment practices, and all other operations.
- WISH does not charge tuition.
- WISH does not discriminate against any student on the basis of
disability, gender, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual
orientation, association with a person or group with one or more of
the above actual or any other characteristic that is contained in
the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the
- Admission to WISH is open to any resident of California that is
of legal age to attend public school.
- WISH does not require any pupil to attend the charter
- WISH will comply with minimum age laws for public schools and
not enroll pupils over 19 years of age unless continuously enrolled
in public school and making satisfactory progress toward high
school diploma requirements and are not more than 22 years of
- WISH is open to all students residing in California that wish
to attend the school, as outlined in Education Code § 47605
(d)(2)(A). WISH will adhere to the provisions of the McKinney-Vento
Homeless Assistance Act and ensure that each child of a homeless
individual and each homeless youth has equal access to the same
free, appropriate public education as provided to other children
As a charter school, WISH is a public school of choice. As
called for in California Education Code 47605, all students in the
Los Angeles Unified School District and all other districts in the
State of California are eligible to attend. In order to
achieve WISH's goal of a student community that mirrors the racial
and economic diversity of our community, it intends to conduct an
intensive recruitment process that reaches out to all
The school does not charge tuition and does not discriminate
against any pupil on the basis of ethnicity, national origin,
gender, religion or disability. WISH is open to all residents
of California and welcomes all students.
- Birthday Cutoff Date:
For the 2014-2015 academic year, Kindergarten
applicants must be five years old by September 1, 2014 and
Transitional Kindergarten applicants must be five years old by
December 2, 2014.
- Lottery: A lottery is held if there are more
applicants than seats. See here for lottery process
- Enrollment Form: Parents complete and submit a
student enrollment form after being accepted through the lottery
- Orientation Meeting: Parents are encouraged to
attend a school orientation meeting in order to understand the
school's mission, goals, and policies.
- Parent Handbook and Contract: Upon admission
to the school, parents are asked to read the WISH Parent Handbook
to further understand the school's mission, goals, and policies.
Parents are encouraged to actively support the school through